This is the age of outsourcing. A lot of companies believe that it is better to take help from Managed Service provider, rather than recruiting staff in the permanent rolls. There are a lot of cost benefits and time savings, about which you will learn in this article.
What is the role of Managed Service Provider?
Managed Service Providers help in providing the delivery and management of services that are network-based. Other than these services, they also help in managing the equipment and applications. These services can be provided to the offices, residences and even to other bigger service providers.
Services provided by MSP:
- These service providers are third-party contractors, who can act as hosting companies. They can host the websites or servers in their location and do the maintenance of those.
- They can also act as the access providers, by providing IT services. By acting as access providers, they can manage the networks, which include IP telephony, call centre management, VPN (Virtual Private Network), Messaging systems, and firewall.
- They can also take care of the wide area network over leased lines, services related to frame relays and can also easily manage and integrate the various activities, which are associated with the enterprise-wide networks, such as the cloud storage.
- They also monitor the servers and report problems, if any. In fact, all these services can be provided by being outside the company’s internal network. Special emphasis is placed on the certification and the integration of internet security for all the content and applications.
- They provide support to the applications. So, if there are any bugs or issues, they will do the troubleshooting.
- The MSPs also act as the outsourcing agents for the companies. So, the service providers such as the Internet Service providers can take their help as they might not have resources for upgrading and maintaining the resources and networks.
The Managed IT support Service Providers are also known as the management service providers. They help in providing services for the cloud computing. Nowadays, companies don’t like to invest on servers and other hardware. Not only are the costs too high, but the service, maintenance and administration also add up to the cost. So, with the help of cloud computing, the companies can store their data on cloud. The costs are quite less, as compared to the traditional set up. And, the data is more secured as backup is also taken on a regular basis. So, in case of disasters, recovery is possible quite quickly. And, all these are managed by the MSP.
So, in summary, we can say that the MSP delivers the application, network, systems and other e-management services throughout the network for multiple enterprises. And, the payment is done as per the “Pay as we go” model. So, based upon the services used, the cost will vary. While concentrating on the management services, they also offer services such as Application Service providers, Network service providers and Web hosting services. And, they are going to be the future for the technology world.